So this holiday season we are going to do our very best to give everyday until Christmas. That leaves us 25 days to give, give. give. I have researched the need in our community and there are plenty of places to put our effort. We have multiple food pantries as well a homeless shelter to give to. There are always nursing homes and hospitals. We can send supplies and letters to our brave soldiers. And then there is the random-act-of-kindness kind of giving. You know, the poinsettia on someones doorstep or flowers for the mail lady. The options really are endless. It can be small or rather large. I hope to try it all these next 25 days. I am posting this adventure here in hopes that it holds me accountable. How often do we have a desire to do something but lack the follow through? I do hope that you will keep me honest and moving forward.
They say that habits form in 21 days. Hopefully this exercises in looking beyond ourselves will become a habit. I'll be filling you in on our progress. And please join in if you feel so inclined. Don't feel overwhelmed by the 25 straight days thing. There are no rules with this, just give from your heart, once or a hundred times. Grab the button and away you go. I am always inspired by reading other's stories of giving so please let me know if you post about your giving adventures. I trust that God will put our effort where it needs to be. Happy 25 days of giving!
We shared the food we have in our pantry with our local food pantry. The kids helped me load up 3 bags of food.
And we had a little 1..2...3...GIVE cheer afterward.
3 comments:
What a brilliant idea! I love this idea! Looking forward to reading about your daily gifting to others.
Oh my goodness. Fabulous. I'm so doing this!
I love it Shannon! What a great thing to include your kiddos in:)
Post a Comment