Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 17: Warmth for Some Kiddos

Day 17 of


You can learn a lot about yourself doing this giving thing. Obviously I my heart wants to feed and give warmth....probably because those are things I value highly. There is nothing more comforting that a full belly and a warm and cozy body. 

My neighbor, yes the same beautiful soul who bought for the family at her school, works in a very poor district. She told me that there are kids who don't have a winter coat, hat and gloves. Yesterday the high temperature was 16 degrees. She informed me that the nurse has a coat closet where spare winter clothing is kept for the kids in need. Sammy and I picked up a couple of coats and some hats and gloves to put in the closet. Hopefully they can provide warmth for a chilly little person...and hopefully they can feel the love infused in the lining:)

Kerry, these are coming to you this afternoon:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT IDEA!!! And those coats look SO warm!! I want one!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Those do look warm! What a great thing to do!

Casey's trio said...

I think this is one of my favorite gifts you've done yet. Can you just imagine how thankful a child with no coat would be in 16 degree weather? Bless your hearts :)