On a side note, I just have to mention that this exercises is really powerful. I panicked a bit after I hit the publish button yesterday. For a split second I wondered why I had committed to what felt like a huge feat. And if I fail I will be so disappointed in myself. And then...I remembered that I have to leave the Negative Nelly voice behind and step out in faith. I have to trust that my desire to make a difference and God's desire to have us make a difference is more than enough to get us through 25 days. Since that realization I find myself coming up with all kinds of new giving ideas. There is truly no shortage of options and most take no more than a few minutes to complete. I am grateful for this challenge and I am being transformed already.
Decking Our Halls....and loving every minute!
My goodness are we full of the Christmas spirit this year. After feeling pretty glum last year, this Mama is ready to Christmas with a vengeance. We even got our tree up and decorated Thanksgiving weekend. Now that is a miracle!!
3 comments:
What a lovely thing to do, good for you Shannon!
PS Love the pics - what a bunch of happy smiley people :).
I am having so much fun reading about this commitment you've made! If you want a great book to read this season that will open your heart even more to why giving can be so powerful read one of these:
Crazy Love - by Francis Chan
The Irresistable Revolution - by Shane Claiborne
Both books wrecked me (in a good way) this year. It will make you want to give even more. Highly recommend - both fast reads.
Post a Comment