Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 3 of Giving and Giving Thanks


Today we hand-delivered poinsettias with a special note. Each of the 4 kids got one plant to give to whoever they chose. 

Ella dropped hers off at Grandma's house. Grace's will go to her good friend, Grace, at school tomorrow.
And here is Sam dropping his off at his good buddy, Maddox's house. Jack's is going to someone very special to him but I don't want to ruin the surprise. I was very impressed with his thoughtful choice. Sometimes we think that he is oblivious to his blessings but this little exercise proved that we were wrong.

Oh, and we paid for the man behind us in the drive through at McDonald's. Now that was fun! I was a bit nervous at what his reaction might be. We were gone before he could attempt to say anything. I just told the cashier to tell him we said Merry Christmas!

Giving Thanks

And now I want to give thanks to my very talented friend, Robin. I stop by her blog all the time to check out her super-d-duper cute kiddos, her really relatable writing style and her GORGEOUS photographs. I mentioned that I would love this flower photo on my wall and, what do you know, she sent it to me! 

Totally in love!!!! Is it not absolutely gorgeous? Thank you my friend. I so very much appreciate your generosity and I adore that your work is on my wall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOVE that you paid for the guy behind you at McDonalds!!! That is such a great idea!! Who knows... maybe you started a trend where he'll do the same generous giving to someone else and so on... Like you started a chain of giving!!! You're definitely inspiring ME!

Laura said...

Your inspiring me too! I love reading about what you are doing and what it is teaching your kids.

The picture from Robin is so wonderful! Lucky you!

Robin said...

Oh my gosh, there it is! You framed it and everything! I'm literally beaming from ear to ear. I'm so thrilled that you like it.

PS I finally listened to you guys. Thank you so much for the encouragement and the push forward.

Around the Island Photography