Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 20

Day 20 of



This is a tough one. Probably the hardest I have yet to do. Day 20 I gave to myself. I gave myself forgiveness and compassion. I spent the day making Christmas gifts and never left the house. I thought about running to the computer to find something that I could quickly give money to but then decided that it was ok that I didn't get out into the world that day. I will certainly make up for it because I want to but I gave myself permission to fall down. For it is in the many reminders that I am not perfect that I find peace and contentment. It is my imperfections that make me human and make me me. I am notoriously hard on myself and would ordinarily beat myself up for days. Or I would have thrown money at something to cover up my mistake. Not this time. I am proud of day 20. To me, it is a critical form of giving. Giving kindness, forgiviness and understanding to ourselves is a huge part of this process. Now back to giving to others!

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful way to look at it. You really are inspiring you know.

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful!!

(tiarastantrums.com)