I joined the knit and crochet community, Ravelry, and fell in love instantly. There is so much inspiration to be had on this site that I was really overwhelmed! A cool part of the site is seeing other people's projects and where the pattern came from. I immediately got on Amazon and ordered a couple of crochet books that were referenced on Ravelry. I needed to reach a certain amount to qualify for free shipping so I decided to finally get a couple of Amy Butler books too. I have been so impressed with your projects, Katie and Melissa, that I had to see where these great things came from.
I also bought two books from Jo Ann this weekend, The Impatient Embroiderer and a book on appliques. My craft library is getting a little out of control seeing that I have not even attempted much of what is in these books. It is time that I quit buying and start creating! I guess I just want to be prepared for anything!
This is my latest project. It is a full-size ripple afghan for the family room. I just love this simple pattern and I have wanted an afghan for me for a long time. I have been scared to start such a big project worried that I would give up in the middle but I am 2 days in and making pretty good progress. I am hoping to have this completed in a couple of weeks.
5 comments:
I am in awe as you have accomplished so much in such a short time! I feel like half a life has gone by since I just last checked your blog! I have some new applique creations that you have to see....you'll love them and I figured out a good way for you to do it on your machine. Let's get together! check out my strawberry and baby elephant appliques at http://www.elephantoes.shutterfly.com
I bought In Stitches, too, and also Vintage Crochet. Love them! Unfortunately I haven't had ANY time in almost 2 weeks to sew cuz The Man has been working like a dog so I can't hide out in my sewing room for any length of time. I tried to cut out a pattern while I thought the kids were playing nicely...but once I'm not in sight the fights start! Ugh. Your afghan is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see more of your projects!
this looks great! and all the insoiration!? oh, i know what you mean! enjoy your new books!
Shannon, this is going to be so beautiful. I love how easily you pick up on directions- I am horrible, better off on my own- but you have inspired me to make sense of the directions and try harder!
You are so incredibly talented!
Love all the new books, can't wait to see what projects come out of them.
I love your color choice.
Post a Comment