Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Officially Have Craft ADD

There is no end to my crafter's ADD. Just as soon as I begin to feel comfortable with one thing, I come across something else that I must try. Please refer to the quote I just added to the sidebar. Describes how I feel to a T. I feel like I have to be learning constantly. Too bad I didn't have this feeling in high school. If I see something that I don't know how to do, I want to learn. It feels almost insatiable. And I don't want to do in later, I want to do it NOW! Is this normal or am I out of my mind? Maybe once I put all of these pieces together, I am going to come up with something great. In the meantime, I am going to follow the insanity and hope it leads me somewhere. Life is an adventure after all!

I am desperate to start embroidering. I mean desperate. Mom, where are you when I need you? Do you know how much I could accomplish with both your expertise AND childcare abilities?! I "met" Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching a few weeks ago while perusing the Internet looking for info on embroidery. I came across a tutorial by her for beginner embroidery students. Her story is so cool like so many other contemporary crafters. I love these young, hip people reinventing things that are commonly thought of as grandmotherly. Her designs are amazing and fun and I am so excited to give it a go! Just ordered her craft pad and it can't possibly come soon enough!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Learning any craft is sooo much fun and exciting to me too! I started to crochet a baby balanket, you so inspired me ; )! Thanks Shannon!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Have you seen subversive cross-stitch? I think its subversivecrossstitch.com Not sure though. She's hilarious. I cross-stitched a sign for my mom with her favorite thing to say when people complain too much...B**ch, B**ch, B**ch...

Shannon said...

Melissa, I can't wait to see your lovely blanket. Crochet is my first true crafty love.

AZ, I am so checking that out! I am working on a cross stitch project right now but it is super traditional. I love all the new stuff! Oh and too funny the sign youmade your mom!

Crazymamaof6 said...

holy cow i can see why! that was the cutest stuff. very fun and funky! and could you imagine burp clothes with some of those?

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

You will VERY soon have flown right on by any embroidery talents your mamma has! Go and fly my baby bird. Can't wait to see what flies off your fingers!
LOVE and HUGS!!