Crochet Bag
Had to be taken apart after hours of work because it was going to be too wide for the purse handles. Other issue, I bought what I thought was a set of purse handles from JoAnn.com and recieved ONE handle. What is anyone going to do with ONE handle?? It wasn't cheap either! It was not the quality I had wanted so I am going to return it. Good news: I got on ebay and much to my good fortune, an old purse making shop was purchased and a bunch of beautiful, antique purse handles were found in the attic. I "won" 6 sets of antique wood handles for less that it would have cost me to get 2 crap-o-la sets from JoAnn. Now I just have to get them so I can re-configure the pattern to fit the new handles.
Needle Point
Can't go into much detail (its supposed to be a gift). This is going to probably take me the rest of my life so I don't want to let anyone down if I fail to complete it. We'll see.
Diaper Pouches
Completed 2 but I have a few more to make. Too bad I didn't write down the pattern I came up with. Back to the drawing board with me - bummer and not so smart!
Drapes for the Office
Haven't even found a fabric I like. I have been looking but nothing is jumping out. I am willing to be patient.
Girls Room
Obvioulsy finished.
New Projects to Add to the List
Second dress for the girls
Twins are an absolute blast but one down side is that if I complete one item, I have to make a second. I cannot simply check that box and move on. Actually it is a good thing that I am making a second dress because I have already forgotten much of what I learned on the first one...sad I know.
Embroidered Tea Towels
I have a little tutorial on this in my learning to sew book. I should really get the name of the book for you because I just love it! It suggests I make a few tea towels to practice stitches. I don't really need to practice machine stitching at this point but I would love to practice embroidery.
Pay it Forwards (3)
I am so excited to get going on my PIFs! I just want to get a couple of my new things going and see if that is what I want to give my lucky recipients.
So there you have it. All of my current projects and a couple to add. Helps me keep it all straight to talk out loud a bit. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Um, I vote for a pay it forward handbag! ; ) jj!
I love all your projects that you have going and set to do!
I am going to have to become a seasoned crocheter (10yrs plus) to do a handbag, I can't wait to see all of yours! So glad you got a good deal on handbag holders from E-bay!
This reminds me, I need to post my pay it forward!!
Ps. For your drapes, drop by www.calicocorners.com- they are having a great sale on fabric for drapes and furniture fabric. I am going to re-do Meghan's bedroom. I have been saying it for about 8 months now. Now is the perfect time so I can paint her daybed.
Anywho, this Calico Corners is where I will be buying drape fabric for her room.
sorry for the long comments
Ebay is awesome! Post a photo of the purse handles when you get them...I'd love to see them!
I started a crocheted wrap and now have to tear it apart because i forgot to chain 1 at one end...oh, how I hate that!!
Melissa, I am so going to check out Calico corners. I have sort of near by and I have been thinking that I need to go. Jo Ann has nothin' for me in this department.
Oh AZ, there is nothing worse than have to tear out good hard work...especially over one stitch. Can't wait to see that wrap though!
Post a Comment