Thursday, June 4, 2009

So Much to Report....

But I am going to ease in with a little summer fun. As a mom, I am constantly trying to figure out ways to get good stuff into my kiddos' bodies. While I allow plenty of sugary treats, I also try to balance that with healthful fruits and veggies. A favorite snack around here is a fruit smoothie. Here is what we love to put in ours (all ingredients eyeballed of course):

Frozen Mango

Frozen Blueberries

Raspberry Kiefer (drinkable yogurt)

Orange Juice

Dash of Cinnamon

Small Squirt of Honey (optional)


Toss it all in the blender, blend for a minute or two and serve.



Judging by the moustaches...I think they like it!

What's your favorite summertime treat?

6 comments:

Robin said...

That sounds delicious! Mangoes are out of season here and blueberries are never affordable, but you've given me a real craving for smoothies. I'll have to see what I can find at the greengrocers tomorrow.

Claremont First Ward said...

I eat strawberries by the flat during the summer. :) The smoothie sounds delicious. I just made homemade strawberry-mango jam and I was in heaven it was so good.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

My kids love smoothies, too. Smoothies are great because you can easily "hide" things in them, like carrot juice! I even juiced some spinach leaves, carrots and lots of apples and they didn't say a word. Just drank it down!

Tabitha said...

Watergate Salad (aka pistachio fluff). It's such a picnic/bbq type dish to pass that I only really ever eat it in the summer.

Carissa(GoodNCrazy) said...

chunky monkey straight from the tub of course!! :)

And the first time I FINALLY get around to your blog here you've moved! OH MY GOSH I heart love heart your photo of the swinging feet!! LOVE!

Casey's trio said...

You know I will follow you into your crafty nook:) Love those smoothie smiles too!