Sunday, June 7, 2009

Family

For years now, a good part of my family has been half the country away in Phoenix. It has been really hard for all of us to be so far apart. We have missed spending holidays together and watching each other's children grow up.

A few weeks ago, my brother and his lovely wife moved their family back to the Midwest. It is not my backyard but they are within driving distance which makes visiting much easier.


Just a few days after moving into their beautiful new house, my brave brother and sister-in-law hosted the 6 of us and my mom.



I was so wonderful to be near each other. The kids are over the moon to be closer to their cousins.


We are so very excited to spend more quality time with Ry and Jay and Luke and Finn.


If you ask me, there is nothing in the world more important than family.



Now if we could get Mom a little closer this way, life would be...well, nearly perfect. I love you all dearly!

6 comments:

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I agree: there's nothing more important than family! How great that your brother and SIL moved back!

Robin said...

How wonderful that you're all so much closer to each other now. You know, I love my life and I love living in Israel (and I really REALLY love the six months straight of hot and sunny weather), but it's really hard being so far from family. I moved here as a young newlywed with no kids, but I think if I really could have understood what I'd be giving up by moving so far from family I wouldn't have done it.

PS What a gorgeous backyard they have!

Jaysi said...

Yea!! There is nothing sweeter than being close all those adorable cousins!!! I think we can get Bethie back to the midwest within a year! Love you. Great pics!

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I couldn't have said it better myself, and can totally relate. I always feel bad for my kids when all of the "cousins" are getting together back home....they do miss out on so much. But, IL is where our home is and where hubbie's job is!

Fun times ahead for all of you :)

Casey's trio said...

You all are absolutely adorabale...so happy you are now within driving distance!!

girlytwins said...

I agree!! Nothing more important than family!! So awesome to have them closer.