Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun Summer Ruffle Pants

I had a request from a bloggy friend to create a pair of ruffle pants. She sent me a few photos of what she was looking for and I used my judgment to choose the style I thought I could best complete. Here is what I came up with.




After completing the pants, I wore them to pick the kiddos up from camp and they were a huge hit with the other mamas. I was even asked if I bought them at Anthropologie. Being that that is one of my favorite stores, I felt pretty good about these fun pants:)

This prototype pair is made from black and white seersucker. They are super light and airy and will be comfy even on a hot day. I will be heading back to the fabric store to pick up some more fabric to make Jen's pair. Too fun. I love a good challenge and I am glad that I could make a bloggy friend happy.

If you are loving the awesome hand-painted tee that I am wearing, stop by Jen's Etsy shop and pick one up. She is one SUPER talented woman!

Pattern: Vogue 8584
Modifications: I cut about 2" off the waistband (no one wants their elastic waistband pants to go above the belly button). I used the cropped pant pattern and then doubled the circumference of the bottom of the pant to make the ruffle.

9 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

I.LOVE.YOU.

Cecily R said...

Those look adorable on you! They'd look AWFUL on me.

I'm impressed that you just took a picture and figured them out! That's talent my friend!

kelli said...

this is adorable. i LOVE them.

and thanks for commenting on our blog. i hope you make the skirt with us too.

Meredith said...

SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

Kate said...

Very cute pants...they do look like you could have gotten them at anthro. I love the stripes!

girlytwins said...

SOOOO swanky!! I knew I loved you. Anthro is my FAV store too.

Crazymamaof6 said...

those are fabulous! so cute! of course anything would be darling on you.

a friend to knit with said...

these are darling!!!
and they look adorable on you.

Philigry said...

oh, i love those!