Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh, the Inspiration

I was surfing the blogosphere the other day looking for crafty inspiration. I don't know why I am constantly surprised at the new and beautiful things I manage to stumble upon. By clicking through a couple of blogrolls, I found myself here. These arm warmers called to me and since I have been inclined to tackle about anything these days, I decided to give Toast a go.


I had never used double pointed needles to knit in the round before but with my trusty video tutorials, I was cast on and knitting in no time.


I am wearing them right now and I can tell you that I they will get plenty of wear. I am always cold and I love how they look. I have a few 3/4 length sleeved sweaters. Pop these on and voila, toasty arms. Had to throw in a pic of my new jacket. I got it at the worlds larget rummage sale a couple weekends ago. A huge group of area churches got together and used the fair grounds to house a barn sale. It was pretty amazing. I went the last day so this was $25. Brand new condition military jacket. Score and a half!!

12 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

shannon! i am so happy you made them!
they look so great on you.
i LOVE your jacket!!! and i love how toast just looks like sleeves popping out of a jacket.

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow, Shannon. Looks like the perfect winter accessory.....":)

Melissa said...

I LOVE everything you have done! lovely, all of it!

Jaysi said...

Oh I want some!!! Those looks so comfy! That is totally my kind of accessorie. Maybe for Christmas :)

Shannon said...

Yay, glad you like them Jay(wink,wink).

Tabitha said...

These are so cozy looking. It's 63 degrees in the house right now...my hubby won't let us turn on the heat until it drops below that. I think we'll be there later tonight - it's cold outside!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Don't you love video tutorials? I sure do!! I love the arm warmers and might have to give them a go since I'm always cold, too. They look great and I love your coat. $25 bucks ain't bad. It ain't bad a'tall !!

Meredith said...

GOOD JOB! love em!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

i think i might just have to make those! they look like a project that you can kinda just zone out on (once you get the hang on the dpns, that is).

Philigry said...

perfect! I love these. i just may have to make a pair myself!

Laura said...

Gosh Shannon I don't stop by here often enough. You are creating awesome stuff! I love love love the brown sweater. You are SO talented!

girlytwins said...

Ohh I love. I might be ordering a pair of these.