Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cutie Patootie Pants

It finally got chilly enough for Sammy to wear his new wool pants. I picked up this fabric at the Goodwill a while ago. I believe it is 100% wool so I had to line them for comfort. That was quite an undertaking! The patch pocket is made from a piece of vintage plaid wool. The patch was apparently meant to be a part of a quilt. Who wants a wool quilt?...not me. I "won" a box of wool fabric squares on ebay. This was one of those lessons learned. Don't bid on items that are not thoroughly described. The description said "large lot of vintage fabric". It wreaked of cigarettes so much so that I had to leave the box open and not go near it for months. (BTW, I "won" a box of buttons that had the same stink problem.) I now make sure the items I bid on specify that they come from a non-smoking home!

Anyway, my mom laughed at me and wondered what the heck I was going to do all of those wool squares. Well Ma, I did find a use for at least one square:) I must say that some of the pieces of fabric are pretty cool.




4 comments:

Tausha said...

ok-so I should hate you for all the talent that is seeping out of your pores! Insread, i thouroughly enjoy looking at all your beautiful creations and wishingly longingly that I was as crafty as you!
So-I don't know if you have said this before-but do you sell your tutus? the baby legs and the arm warmers? I want some warmers for me-I want some legs for my sis baby that is coming in Jan. and I have 3 girls who would dig some tutus for christmas! Sorry-that was a super long run on sentance!
Anyway-I am going to do a little bit more of a "crafty" christmas this year-but I never said they had to be my crafts! Keep up the great work! The pants are very handsome!

Jaysi said...

Too cute! Did I mention I want arm warmers for Christmas??? or Thanksgiving??

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

I never cease to be tickled and amazed at your creativity and ingenuity! Must be your mama's baby. Sammy's legs look so long - he's too big. Can't wait to see you all!!!!!

Melissa said...

Love the patch pocket, so cute!