Sunday, August 10, 2008

Starting In On Fall-Wear

Even though I feel like it can't possibly be close to fall, the reality is it is - whether I'm ready or not. Instead of clinging to the light fabrics of summer, I have decided to jump into fall weights for the girls. I am really excited because I have a few ideas swirling around this old head of mine. This first piece has been haunting me, day and night. "Come, make me" it has beckeoned at all hours. I got a couple of hours to sew today. This is what I came up with.


The downside to this skirt is that it is dry clean only. It will have to be reserved for special occasions.
The fabric is a home decor fabric but I just love it. I bought it to make diaper pouches and then this little skirt with tulle peeking out came to me. I spent hours contemplating the best way to get the tulle on there without making the skirt itchy to wear. I ended up gathering the tulle, folding it into the hem and stitching it down. For a first attempt, I think it looks pretty good.
The outfit will include a funky long sleeved T, a fun pair of leggings (stripes perhaps) and maybe a pair of pink high top converse. Perfect!

Pay no mind to the fact that Ella looks like she was in a boxing match. She was...with the coffee table. Let's just say the table won.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is stinking adorable! love that print! and the TULLE! FABULOUS! way to go! and how fun to have real season where you wear weather appropriate clothing. what a novelty.

we can get by with short sleeves and a hoody for the winter. some kids still opt to wear shorts. and all the fall lines in the stores only come in short sleeves.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

I cant believe you got the pink pyrex for $6? WOWIE!!! I dont suppose you wanna sell?....LOL! I love your blog and your kiddos are the bomb :D I have 3 kids and Im hoping to get pregnant in 8/2010 - so Ill be keeping up with your blog to learn how you manage so beautifully :)