Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Tote All His Own

Many moons ago I made a tote bag. It was one of my very first sewing projects actually. Sammy took it as his own because it was the perfect tool to transport all of his Matchbox cars. He likes to play with them on every floor of the house and getting 50 of them from place to place is a challenge for a 4 year old. The old tote was a bit girly so I told him I would make him one of his own. I took the old one back and have been using it as a craft project bag so he has been left high and dry. Here we are 3 months later and I have finally come through for the little guy. He is napping and I can't wait until he wakes up and I can give it to him!






I gave embroidery a go and it was really fun! I realize that I am not an artist in the traditional sense but I think you get the gist. I free handed the letters and the little car onto the fabric with a marking pencil. I really like the words because it looks just like my handwriting...a personal touch. I think I'll embroider a lot more now!

I think I hear him!!!

5 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Love it!
Sandra Evertson

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

So cute! I love it!

Philigry said...

so cute! i think my son needs one for his cars.

Jaysi said...

Great work Shanny!! I love it.

Marcy B. said...

I love the vintage feel of the bag with the hand embroidery!