3 table cloths and a set of embroidered pillow cases. I plan to repurpose the table clothes and use the pillow cases in the girls room.
So this was probably my most exciting purchase. These are all dress patterns from the 50s and 60s. I was looking through the box and the "shop" owner came over and asked if wanted them all for $5. Of course I said yes! I adore the styles from this era so this was really cool.
These are the two patterns I was most excited about. The adult dress on top is made with one piece of fabric. Its not my size so it may be a bit of a challenge but I am dieing to give it a try!
I found a tea pot and a couple broaches. I am going to crochet a cozy for the teapot. Its a pattern that I saw in Vintage Crochet and just fell in love with.
The broaches.
And I picked this little circus cart up for Sammy's bookcase in his room.
I was really hoping for a corner cabinet. I saw a couple but they weren't exactly what I was looking for and they were WAY to pricey. I think I need to hit garage sales and estate sales to get a good deal on that. Other than that, it was a great trip!
7 comments:
WOW! I love what you found there! I've always heard that the flea market is awesome...i'm going to have to go sometime this summer.
AZ, Its the first weekend of every month. Call me and I'll go with you. It will be tons of fun!
How fun! Lots of treasures ; ).
I love finding good deals- like you, I need to hit a few estate sales.
I love the table cloth! And everything else ;).
Wow Shannon...I am so impressed with your craftiness...I guess I've missed this blog somehow!!! Go girl!!
Oh great stuff! Was that at the Kane county one???I have to go. I am so excited for the yard sales too! Jen R
Yep Jen, it was a lovely weekend for the Kane county market! It was REALLY busy!
I think those 50's and 60's patterns were quite the find......I can't wait to see finished products!
Post a Comment