Monday, April 13, 2009

New Floors and a Dress

They really are lovely.

They add so much to this old house of ours.
But, oh my, was getting them done a real pain. I'm not gonna lie, there were tears... from me. Having 4 kids and 2 dogs home all week with no use of the first floor (kitchen included) was tough. Then moving 6 people and 2 dogs into my in-law's basement was a challenge. We made it through and I am so grateful for this home improvement. That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right? Well, I'm not dead...yet.

This little number was completed before spring break/flooring extravaganza but since the office was disassembled, I had to wait to share.
I found this pattern on ravelry. It was a very quick knit. Sewing on the skirt was a bit tricky but now that I have done it, I think the next one will go much smoother. Isn't that always the way it goes?


Yarn: Cascade 220
Fabric: A colorful little number from Jo Ann

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adorable dress, and love the floors. Our hardwood is destroyed from our dogs, but we won't be refinishing anytime soon! I'm sure you are thrilled to have your home back :)

Claremont First Ward said...

The dress is so cute.......I love how you could easily make the bodice in a few different colors.

Your floors are GORGEOUS! Stunning, really.

missliz said...

Oh, lovely floors! I think you will really enjoy them, so worth the tears and stress, I hope. What a sweet little dress. I have seen several of the knit/sew designs. Unfortunately my girlie is old enough to protest dresses. Guess I will just have to enjoy yours. Have a great day! Liz

Philigry said...

i love the dress...and the floors. home improvements are so hard, but then they are so worth it too. you are awesome.

Siena said...

Very cute dress, I wish I could sew...