I tried my niece's size 18 month dress on my girls before it was gifted. It fit them like a little top. So for Grace and Ella, I made the 2T size even though they are 3 years old. I like my dresses a little on the short side (I mean, when you got great gams you ought to flaunt it, right?)
I stopped by my new friend, Beth's shop yesterday and found just what I had been looking for...beautifully inspiring fabrics. I am sad to say that her shop is going out of business. Like so many others, this economy has taken it's toll. Thankfully Beth is still going to offer her wonderful wares in her Etsy shop. If you hurry, you can take advantage of free shipping on your fabric order through the end of March. Let's show this talented crafty lady some love!
Look Beth, I cut...in less than 24 hours, and I couldn't be happier! Thanks for your help in choosing. It's always the hardest part!
There will be more. Spring sewing that is. I haven't begun my Spring Top yet but I have the fabric and I think I've chosen the pattern so very soon. I'll keep you posted.
Next week is spring break and my hubby dropped a bombshell on me. We are getting hardwood floors throughout the first floor of our home...starting Monday. That means that we will have to evacuate the premises for at least 4 days. We are off to my in-laws. It is going to be quite an adventure seeing that we are brings 6 people and 2 dogs to join 5 people and 1 dog for a grand total of 11 people and 3 dogs under 1 roof. Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it!
7 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness.
Adorable! She's a doll and that butterfly fabric is outstanding!
Oh, Shannon, it is SO adorable! I adore the fabric and must check out your friend's Etsy...I don't get fabric choices that sweet around here!!! You've given me hope for V's sundress! I had to cut down to a 2 b/c of my "mistake"....kept the length...we'll see!
Love your work and your sweet models are to die for !
Those are so sweet!
I so enjoyed having you and the girls in the store. (I really miss having little girls around! LOL)
Thank you for the shout-out and the link. Today was my last official day at the store and I was really busy with others like yourself that wanted to come stock up and say good-bye. I will miss talking with people and helping choose fabrics but I look forward to having my time to myself again.
Call me anytime if you need help or want to look at fabric in person.
(because you don't have it set up to comment other than with blogger i.d. I'll just make a note that it is me; beth@myeclecticmess.com because my blogger account is old!LOL)
OMG. you are right. i just have to get some of that fabric! adorable!
i love these outfits. so sweet. i really have to make one now!
I love it, so cute!
This is just adorable! And so is your sweet model. :)
Post a Comment