Since Vaughan is still in diapers, I had to make some kind of bottom. I was going to make a bloomer but then I changed my mind and went with a little pantaloon. I love how a bit of the blue butterfly pokes out from underneath. This outfit was constructed using all stash fabric, hooray! The butterflies were a score at the local Goodwill. I have at least 3 yards of it. I am sure you will see it again.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
A Birthday Outfit
This Sunday we are celebrating Sam's 5th birthday and my niece, Vaughan's 1st birthday. I decided to make my sweet niece a spring outfit for her birthday.
I found this tutorial while surfing and I knew that I had to make one right away. Grace and Ella will have at least one a piece but I decided to make Vaughanie-girl's first...since its her birthday and all.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Its so cute! I love the butterfly fabric. I'm going to check out that tutorial now...
How sweet! Oh, and what a lucky little girl. I am sure she will get alot of use out of this come spring. Have a great day! Liz
How sweet. I love this little outfit. You might enjoy my friend at Pink Picket Fence. She made the cutest skirts out of thrifted linens. Keep up the good work! Have a great day, Liz
This is such a perfect dress! Little Vaughan will be so precious in this sweet gift.
I want to make V some sundresses - something simple. Love this, but the tutorial seems a bit confusing, as does the pattern. It's probably just me since I'm so inexperienced! Was it hard?
Great work!
this is so sweet. i love the bow on the side. i may have to make one for anna! love yours.
How did the birthday gift go over? It was super adorable! I'm sure Vaughan loved it!
Post a Comment