Monday, July 21, 2008

Proud Tutu Mama

The time has come to part with my tutu-babies. They have been hanging in my dining room and while I know that most dining rooms aren't filled with poofy tutus, I really love seeing them. My heart has gone into each and every one and I have to admit that it is bitter sweet to see them go. I hope they bring lots of joy and hours of twirling to some special little girls.


I have been ever so blessed to have the help of my mom and my sister-in-law to complete this shipment. They were fantastic helpers and I wish they could work with me all the time. Sadly, they live half the country away.
Not sure if you can see, but the tutus have my tag sewn in. That was a big moment, to see my name on something that will be sold in a great boutique.



Each tutu is unique and I hope to continue to be able to make one of a kind designs.



I have loved this project and I will certainly keep you posted on how it goes in the shop. I have butterflies just thinking about it! It is amazing how personal it feels to sell something I have made with my own two hands. I just hope other people like them as much as I do.

12 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

Oh Shannon! That is so great and they are soooo beautiful! You did a finatiastiv job. Good for you for following your talent! You should put them in an ETSY shop! Jen R

girlytwins said...

OMG! Those are adorable. You have every right to feel proud about making them. They are just precious. Your label is so cute too. It must be so cool to see the finished products with your name in them. Great job Shannon!!!!

Laura said...

Oh my I want those. Tell me they are not too expensive for me! AHH!

You have done wonderful work. Congrats!

Jocasta said...

These are great. Soooo lovely. Good luck!

Kim said...

Wow Shannon! Those are just gorgeous. The little girls that get them will absolutely love them. I know my girls would probably never want to take them off!! Great job!

jenni anne said...

so cute!!! i agree, you should do an etsy shop!

Jaime said...

Oh! Those are adorable!! What little girl wouldn't want one (or two) of those!:)

Casey's trio said...

The tu-tus are simply beautiful Shannon! You should be so proud of yourself:)

Jaysi said...

They look amazing. I love how they all turned out.

Meredith said...

LOVE the tu-tus! i hope they sell sell sell! then i can quit my job and help you make them!:)

Philigry said...

i think they will be loved! they are beautiful!

Claremont First Ward said...

Shannon. THey are so cute! I've been meaning to add this blog to my blogroll so that I remember to look. Doing that now. Your tutu's are amazing!