Wasn't sure I was ever going to get back to it, but I decided that today was the day.
Baby Vaughan has been a bit fussy the last couple of times she has been here. She doesn't take a binky or suck her thumb. She just wants her mama's boob. Since mama's boob isn't always readily available, I decided to try and provide her with something that may offer a bit of comfort. It's no boob but maybe it will help.
Finny really liked his Aunt Shanny blankie, so here you go Vaughan. Its patchwork on one side and soft minky on the other. This was a good quick project to get the old machine hummin' again. Not perfect by any means but I didn't think perfection was necessary here. Just a whole lot of love, a little bit of cuddley and some good calming energy.

Sorry, I didn't bother to re-iron it after I washed it.

That's because it was needed right away.

I think she likes it.
5 comments:
super cute material!!!!!!
that is adorable. i love the backing fabric.
DARLING! love a nice soft wooby!
Love it! Finny still loves his blankie. Now that he is teething he wads it up and puts it in his mouth. He also likes to put it over his face and just hold it there. I hope Vaughan likes hers too!
I am learning to sew too! Love what you are making. Next week, I am attempting my first baby blanket for my new neice. Wish me luck! Do you get your fabric locally or from the internet?
Post a Comment