I made this. No really, I did. I know, I have to keep reminding myself too. I can't believe it.
It fits quite well. I am totally shocked actually because this is my first adult sized garment. I used interfacing and placed a zipper...all new to me.
As you can see from the pattern, the dress is not quite finished yet. I still have to add the bottom ruffle which will make the dress floor length, (love it!). My seamstress skills are quite beginner but I am moving ahead. I can't wait until I can sew structured apparel like jackets and pants. Whoohoo!
Sometimes I wonder what I am smoking. Who ever would have thought that sewing pants would get me all hot and bothered? Oh well, I am going with it.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you that the dentist and I are off to Mexico in about 2 weeks. Can't wait. Now I have a little frock to sport in the warm and sunny.
8 comments:
Wow!!! Way to go! You look fabulous! Love it!!
It looks great! I love the style. What fabric is that? The print is fab! I'm jumping back into sewing clothing for myself this year...its one of my goals for the year. Isn't it fun to sew for yourself? I used to love it, so I can't wait for my first project. Your dress will be perfect in Mexico! With a tan you'll be smokin' hot in it! lol!
I love it! I can't wait to see it finished!
It looks spectacular. I love the ruffle on the bottom on the pattern, too.
AND.....you are going to Mexico? Have a wonderful time. YOu need some good weather after being dumped on all winter. I'm still JEALOUS though! :)
Just beautiful! I believe it will wear well in the hot sun! Don't you? Hope you have a wonderful vacation!
That is totally awesome!!! I love that vintage pattern.
Oh My! I LOVE this as much or more as I do my halter! You look amazing in it, and will feel so wonderful wearing your creating in Mexico!
Wow, I am having total dress envy right now! I don't suppose here is a maternity version of this pattern out there somewhere?
Post a Comment