Monday, November 24, 2008

Been Doin' a Little Crafting...

Just haven't blogged about it.

I attended a gorgeous baby shower for an old friend of mine a little over a week ago. It was above Cartier on Michigan Avenue and, my goodness, was it lovely. There is a Women's Club there...who knew...only the elite Chicago society folk, I guess. Anyway, I was honored to attend and I had a ball making the gift. Can you believe I didn't take any pictures of the toile burpies and the diaper pouch that turned out fantastically? I also had to throw in a crocheted hat and a pair of booties. She loved them and I loved making them. Wish I had more new babies to craft for!

I made a couple of pillows for the girls' bed. Their birthday was Saturday. I had to make them at least a little something.

Ella is in love with her little hoot owl.


I even managed to whip this little beauty up for myself. It was quick and easy and it will get lots of wear for sure. I am becoming a hat wearin' kind if gal. Eliminates the need to do my hair...sweet! Free pattern from ravelry.



Christmas came early for this crafty-mama. I will fill you in later. All I have to say is thank goodness for knowledgeable friends!

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

The pillows look ADORABLE. How are my girls 3? How, how, how?

Jaysi said...

I love the pillows!! Especially the owl! The hat is adorable too. I hardly ever wear hats because of my peanut head!

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

You continue to amaze and delight!

Marcy B. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE HOOT OWL!!! I'm doing our nursery in owls and I saw a similar pillow in potterbarn for way expensive, you are very talented and you'll have to keep that pattern! Great hat too! Love the huge button.

Philigry said...

i love your hat! my neighbor made one and it is great!